Kou Yamori is an average middle school student who struggles with grasping the complex concept of love. Because he sees little sense in surrendering to the norm, he soon stops going to school. Plagued with insomnia due to his idleness, Kou begins roaming the lonesome streets at night.
One night, Kou encounters a bizarre girl named Nazuna Nanakusa who believes that people stay awake during the night because they are dissatisfied with how they spent their day and cannot rest until they release their inhibitions. Nazuna offers to help Kou with his sleep issues and invites him over to her place, where she convinces him to share a futon with her. Feeling uncomfortable, Kou only pretends to doze off—which is when Nazuna suddenly bites his neck, revealing herself to be a vampire!
While Kou thinks the bite will turn him into a vampire, the specifics of transforming are not that simple. In order to change, he must be bitten by someone he truly loves. Ready to let go of his dreary mortal life, Kou decides on a new goal: he will fall in love with Nazuna and become a vampire himself.
[Written by MAL Rewrite]
- Type: TV
- Episodes: 13
- Status: Finished Airing
- Aired: Jul 8, 2022 to Sep 30, 2022
- Premiered: Summer 2022
- Broadcast: Fridays at 00:55 (JST)
- Producers: Aniplex, Dentsu, Shogakukan-Shueisha Productions, Animax, Fuji TV, Ultra Super Pictures, Shogakukan, Fuji Creative, Tohan Corporation
- Licensors: Sentai Filmworks
- Studios: LIDENFILMS
- Source: Manga
- Genres: Romance, Supernatural
- Theme: Vampire
- Demographic: Shounen
- Duration: 22 min. per ep.
- Rating: PG-13 – Teens 13 or older